Time management is the process of organising and planning how to divide your time between specific activities. Good time management enables you to work smarter – not harder – so that you get more done in less time, even when time is tight, and pressures are high.
Benefits of time management
- Greater productivity and efficiency
- Better professional reputation
- Less stress
- Greater opportunities to achieve important life and career goals
- More time for non-basketball activities, socialisation, professional advancement, education, etc.
Downsides of not managing your time effectively
- Missed deadlines
- Inefficient workflow
- Poor work quality
- A poor professional reputation
- Wasted time
- Higher stress levels and fatigue